Healthy Eating and Eating to Lose Weight

What is Healthy Eating and Eating to Lose Weight

This latest blog post gives you an insight into these two terms that get thrown around the health and fitness industry and I explain and try to help you understand the meaning of each.

 

“Is there a Difference and if so, what is it?”

Healthy eating is primarily based on focusing your diet by consuming fresh, whole foods. Foods that pretty much only have one ingredient: fruits, vegetables, chicken, rice, tuna, pasta, turkey, eggs etc. – the list is endless!

If you are aiming to be a ‘Healthy Eater’, you will more than likely try and combine this with the opposite and be inclined to avoid any processed or ready-made foods.

 

“So what’s wrong with this?”

Chances are, this isn’t too sustainable – What I mean by this is that you won’t be able to keep this up for a long period of time before getting cravings, wanting to binge out or the general feeling of giving up and being unhappy.

Another aspect that I hear a lot about is people who like to go on a ’14 day detox’ or something along those lines to try and ‘improve’ their health or lose some lbs quickly before some event in their life like a wedding or a holiday.

What’s totally unrealistic and which people on these ‘detoxes’ seem to not comprehend is that once you have lost the 5 or 10 pounds after this low calorie, 14 day period, you’ll more than likely put the weight straight back on afterward.

 

“So How Do I Keep The Weight Off/Stay Healthy?”

The BIG SECRET behind losing weight/improving health and then maintaining that is consistency and sustainability within a diet.

In order for a diet to be sustainable, whether you’re trying to ‘Healthy Eat’ or ‘Lose Weight’ is to manage your diet so it is flexible.

 

“What do you mean by a flexible diet?”

Both Healthy Eating and Eating to Lose Weight can be done by a flexible diet. By this I mean to manage your diet so that it is made up of about 80% of whole, fresh, single ingredient foods and the other 20% is made up of other foods (whether this is processed, ready-made foods or the likes of sweets or chocolate) – this makes it more sustainable than completely dismissing yourself from consuming chocolates or those ‘feel good foods’; the foods that keep you sane and help you maintain the motivation to carry on with your journey! If you totally disallow yourself to consume these ‘unhealthy’ or ‘devil foods’, you may be more likely to lose motivation or give up. : (

 

“So how do I start a flexible diet?”

Everybody is different and everyone has different calorie needs and goals, whether you’re trying to put weight on or lose weight – you can follow and enjoy a flexible diet approach.

If you’re keen and motivated to reach your body goals, go to www.stevehoggyfitness.com/the_journey where you can follow a step by step guide into creating and developing your own IIFYM diet (If It Fits Your Macros).

If you want more nutritional advice or want me to create a Macronutrient breakdown for you personally, go to www.stevehoggyfitness.com/contact_us and complete the contact form.

 

Summary

Calories In versus Calories Out is for Weight Management

Eating mainly fresh, whole foods is for Health.

It’s that simple really. : )

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to Top